A Little Chatter

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Missing: Two Glow Sticks

Last night I answered the doorbell about 5-6 times before heading to a Halloween party. When we left we thought we would stick a couple glow sticks to the side of our Halloween bag and leave it on the porch. This would be a convenient way for kids to have some candy even though we weren't there to divy it out.

What I found out was it was a good way for one kid to have a whole stinkin' bag full of candy and a couple cool glow sticks to boot. I hope he enjoyed them (I say he because no sweet girl would ever conceive such a plot). The next time I see a kid with two glow sticks and no teeth you can bet that I will have some questions for him.

It was a great night of Halloween though. Most fun I have had on that "holiday" in quite a while. (I do remember having a sweet Mr. T mask in grade school. I also remember being Man-At-Arms from Hee-Man; good times) I know it is supposedly of the devil, but what a better time to teach people to be innocent of evil (Rom. 16:19). My new Werewolf mask was so much fun at our spook walk and then again last night. It would make my dad proud. My dad, by the way, used to put on this tremendously scary devil mask and chase us boys under the bed. He was so scary. I would get as far under the bed as I could and he would reach his hand down and grab at my feet. I literally thought my dad dissappered and Satan had come for a visit. It was horrible.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I still remember that mask in the cemetery spook walks. Even when he wears it in front of Eli it still gives me the creeps. It looks a little worse now because it is getting cracked and old.

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger ret said…

    That's awesome. BTW...you can have the glow sticks back...they ran out of glow over night...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home