A Little Chatter

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Weird Dreams

I have always been fascinated with dreams. I always try to remember them, but am never very good at that. I think there is some sort of study that explains why. Some of those same studies say you remember your dreams or have weirder dreams if you eat before you go to bed. I dunno, but my wife has been having some weird dreams.

They say that pregnant women have all kinds of nightmares during pregnancy about losing the baby and all that. It is really scary stuff. I am already finding myself becoming protective of my kid even though I can't protect my wife from having bad dreams. Anyway, this whole pregnancy thing is completely different from what I ever imagined. It is all really great for me to experience. I am sure Nikki has a whole other side of the story. But outside of the weird dreams, fatigue, and sickness, it is completely amazing.

I had a weird dream last night myself. I dreamed I was at my ten year high school reunion, which is coming up in two Saturdays. It was really a funny dream. All my classmates were weird looking and I pictured myself driving through the rural settings with all these small homes that are now completely huge buildings and apartment complexes- crazy stuff.

I know I am a weirdo because I am so looking forward to it. I completely loved high school and my friends and I had some really great times. I will let you know how things turn out.

I must be making this my final post before CIY. We head off to Carbondale next week which shall be a blast. I am looking forward to it, more than my high school reunion. You would think it weird if it were the other way around. I have this feeling deep inside that this will be a monumental week. I think God is up to something big, but I am not sure yet what it will all look like. I expect some walls to come down but not sure which ones those will be.

On an unrelated note, softball was really great last night. The stinking game before us took forever and we began our game at 10 instead of the scheduled 9:00 start. The two teams acted like neither one wanted to win. The score was tied up at 17 in the 7th, then at 20 in the 8th. Then, the 9th inning they used some international rule where you begin with a runner on second to start the inning. The first team did not score that run- sad isn't it? The second team pushed a run across for the win. It was really great watching though. I was sitting on the bleachers with the guys spitting seeds and it took me back to my baseball days. Tommy, Ken, Chris, Jason, and John... all these guys are my boys. They are so much fun to play softball with. We really have a great time. I am truly going to miss Jason when he moves, but that is another story.

So, our game finally starts and we have a great night. John leads off with a single in our half of the inning, I hit a ball through the shortstops legs reaching on his error and make it to third. Then Tommy smacks a dinger to dead center field with John's new bat. It was funny to hear John's reaction. I think deep down he believed it would be him to get that first dinger. I have to admit when I went yard with Chris' new bat last year, I felt a little guilty being the first. The greatest part of the night was when the rain began. It is so much fun playng in a light rain shower. It continued on through the evening. So refreshing, so awesome. We went on to win by 10 just so you know.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:13 PM, Blogger ret said…

    I like the blue. Good boy.

    I only went to my 10 year reunion and to Kev's 10 year reunion. Haven't been to any since. Hope you have a great time! It will be fun telling them all you're expecting :)

    Jealous you're going to CIY and I'm not...but I'll get over it when I think about how stinkin' hot it's going to be there :) That always just killed me. But it's a great week...praying it will be awesome for everyone!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home