A Little Chatter

Monday, May 09, 2005

One thing I learned last week

I like to read baseball columns a lot. Probably too much. I seriously need to repent of the time I spend reading about stats that only .5 % of true baseball fans even know about. I am a nerd. But, I do read a column that is funny called 10 things I didn't know this time last week. It is usually an entertaining read. So, in order to try to get some consistency in blogging, I am going to adapt this method each Monday. But, since it would be lengthy, I will do one instead of ten, although at times, I may post more. At the same time, I also will post one weird thing that has happened. Although, I am sure there will be plenty of other things I can add in that column.

One thing I know this week that I didn't know at this same time last week:
Dairy Queen is one of my favorite places in the whole wild world. I frequent it often. If this town had a 7-11, I am pretty sure that their slurpees and DQ ice cream would give me diabetes in about 5 years time. It would all be worth it. I am thankful that this town has three DQ's. This week, I pick up a cup of soft serve ice cream for my pregos wife. She wants ice cream, I am not gonna argue; ever, whether she is pregnant or not. So, when I buy the ice cream, I realize that for about $ .60 more you can get (a) a MLB hat and (b) more ice cream. Shazzam!
I am now officially collected DQ MLB hats. I am going to decorate my office with them. I am also such a baseball freak that I will also keep them updated according to division standings. I am starting with the NL central and will work my way around the league. So, if you are buying ice cream at DQ think of me, give me a call and see which teams I need. Currently, I have STL, HOU, PIT, & BOS.

One Weird Thing:
I am at the Cards game Saturday. I get back to my Jeep and there is a playing card tucked underneath my windshield wiper. Never had that happen before. I am wondering, what does this mean? Is it some sort of sign? Some sort of party to attend? A drug deal? I dunno.
After I am thinking these things, I pull out of the parking garage and another strange thing happened. My father-in-law, brother-in-law and I see a "Legalize Weed" parade around the courthouse square. There must have been 100 people out marching, banging their drums and holding up signs pushing their agenda. It was quite a monumental moment for me. I don't think I have ever witnessed so many dreadlocks in my life. Talk about some nappy hippy hair. One sign even read something along the lines of: "Read your Bible; legalize the medicinal healer." So, I immediately begin searching for that passage. It was truly amazing to see the types of individuals that were marching. I think the term of enderment is "stoner". This was not a group of people you look at and say, "wow, I bet they are holding down a really nice job!" Most of them looked like they just climbed out of their own or their mother's basement. I am thinking that will be a once in a lifetime episode, but I sure hope not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home