A Little Chatter

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Goatee woman

I was ordering some food today at a fast-food establishment. As I was ordering, I could not help but notice a few things. One, people that move quickly and seem to be in a hurry talk LOUD. Two, the lady taking my order had a goatee. I have seen women with facial hair before but this was uncanny. It seriously looked like a goatee. To top things off, she spoke in loud mono-tone. I honestly do not know how I walked away without laughing out loud. I am sure she is a sweet girl with a wonderful heart, but I could not get over her yelling out my order in a mono-tone voice, all the while, I am trying not to stare at her goat.

What is it about odd features that make people want to stare or indulge? For instance, when someone says, "gross, you have to smell this!" What do you do? You stick your nose in. Not me. I gave up on that one. The same thing happens when there is an ambulance or fire truck pulled over taking care of someone in need. I am driving home the other day and some dude was laying on the ground in the driveway of a church. The fire truck was already there, so no need for me to help or to stop (I assumed the role of the priest in the story of the Good Samaritan but hey, the Samaritan was already there). But I noticed that everyone within viewing distance (blocks away) were trying to get a look. I guess we are enthralled with carnage.

On other notes, my wife is at week 13 and getting over the first trimester stuff. The cravings will begin soon I guess. I am still waiting for all this to really, truly sink in. I guess I will have to hold "it" or see the ultrasound for that to happen. Here's your chance to throw some names out if you like. We don't want common everyday names, looking for less-used names. If you have some good ones, I would be willing to hear. I am wrestling with Napoleon; really like that one.

I am super excited for my buddy Gil. I just hope he makes it through this move and does not have to move for a looooong time. I am going to catch two games at Coors (the redbirds go to Denver in two weeks) with him and my friend Pete, should be a blast.

Still building fence in my back yard. At this rate, should be up by X-mas. I hit a major root last night. Hopefully, the most difficult holes have been dug.

Oh, and for my one weird thing, as if above mentioned experiences weren't weird enough. What is up with all the dead baby birds in my yard? Seriously, it's like the 11th plague at my house. I picked up 5 dead baby birds and threw them into my neighbors yard. Don't tell. Actually, it is more of a bunch of shrubs not their yard. I am starting to get really TOed. It is hard to keep my dogs from trying to eat these birds (really nasty) when I take them out to do their dooty.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger ret said…

    Goatee:I hope I never develop facial hair. And if I ever do, me & Paula are going to be best friends..

    Names: Will give that some thought.

    Gil: Ditto.

    Birds: Probably have a coon or something back there...or they are really dying in your neighbor's yard and he's throwing them over in yours...

    Freebie: I was clear down to "wife" before I realized I was reading your blog and not Deby's. I knew I clicked on yours, but it looks similar and my aging brain went with Deby for a paragraph...seriously, I need some help...

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My dad wanted no name me "Ooglethorpe" I'm as serious as death here, its true, you can ask my mom.

    If youre looking for an uncommon name, you can use that one. I'd give you $5 if you did.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home