A Little Chatter

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Arrested Development

I very seldom but mostly never get to watch TV on Sunday or Wednesday nights. It is fine though, it is part of the gig of being a youth minister. So, sometimes I miss out on some great TV shows. I really find the commercials for "LOST" intriguing and would love to watch it, but will simply have to wait. I know that Hollywood loves to find ways for us to spend money on them. Sometimes, I am bothered by that, other times I am fine with it. This time I am fine with it because they have chosen to put TV shows out on DVD. So now, you can just run down to Blockbuster and pick up seasons of shows and watch them at your leisure. This is really nice since I don't yet have TiVo (you hear that Santa? T-I-V-O). Due to this new found way of making another buck, I now have experienced the most hilarious new show, "Arrested Development".

I must tell you that I absolutely love crazy, off-the-wall comedy. That is a great way to summarize this show's content. The scenarios and depictions are completely crazy and will have you laughing at the quick one-liners. This family is more dysfunctional than the Simpsons. It is funny to me how much the characters are similar to cartoons, many times, the consequences to their actions are erased by the next episode. I must also place a disclaimer; this is not a show where you will find high morals or values. Occasionally, there is a bleeped word or immoral remark, but this show never really goes to the point of showing raunchy scenes. It was the winner of 5 Emmy Awards last year, including best comedy series. You can check out more about the show at: http://www.fox.com/arresteddev/ I definitely recommend checking it out. I am even contemplating about adding it to my Christmas wish-list to own on DVD. I have just finished disc two of the first season. I am going to pick up the next disc at lunch today. I am finding myself addicted to it and can't wait to see the next episode. Part of me wants to go slow to stretch it out over a period of time to make it last. The other part just wants to watch it non-stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home